FAIR EMPLOYMENT (NORTHERN IRELAND) ACT 1989
MONITORING OF EMPLOYMENT RECRUITMENT SECTION A
Applicants should read this explanatory sheet before Completing Section B.
This form must be completed and placed in the confidential envelope before we can process your application.
Selection for employment to ENE Limited is based upon fair and acceptable criteria without reference to the applicant’s religion or political beliefs. We operate the Merit Principle, i.e. we select the best person for the job.
Whilst we are entirely confident that this practice operates throughout, we want to show that we are fair employers; we want to demonstrate – clearly and openly – our commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
- To do this we need to monitor the perceived religious affiliation (not the specific religious belief) of our job applicants.
- That is why we are asking you to provide, on Section B, information on the religious affiliation.
- The information that you are asked to supply will be treated in the strictest confidence and protected from misuse.
- It will not be used in assessing a candidate’s suitability for a job.
- The question is asked in fulfilment of a legal obligation requiring us to demonstrate to others that our employment and related practices are fair and equitable. Unless we get this information we cannot show – as clearly and openly as we want to – that we are fair employers. So we are asking for your help to enable us to do so.
- It is an offence for any person to knowingly give false information in answer to the question.